So we all want to know the latest trends in fashion, music, parenting, etc. BUT The Cheeps are interested in the latest trends in our industry of Graphic Design. We searched the world (wide web) and found a study of fonts and colors. We soon discovered that infographics are trending! Many businesses are putting infographics in their annual reports and websites to easily show off their business in a nutshell.
The latest study of fonts and colors for logo design is interesting. The top ten brands in business shows that the display format of logo designs are 6% with a logo bug or symbol only (Apple and Shell), that 4 of the top 10 business brand logos (Kellogg’s, Nokia, Visa, Budweiser) use text only and 56% use text and a logo (Walmart, Lexus, Blackberry, LG and Pampers).
So what’s the trend going into 2014 in the other areas of Graphic Design?
What’s hot and what’s not, according to creatives in our industry:
- Simplicity is in, Complexity is out.
- Flat design is trending, and 3D skeumorphic design is back out.
- As far as the content of the web, improved parallax scrolling is HOT and old parallax scrolling is NOT.
- Five-seven seconds of Storytelling is in, and long social media videos are out. (Think #Vining).
- Logos with depth are in and overly simplified logos are out.
- Real models are in and excessive retouching is OUT!
- 3-D printing is HOT and Off-set printing is NOT.
- Creative inspiration is trending, and creative stagnation is OUT (we’re rolling up our sleeves).
Credit: Ivan Cash for concept and design. Source: 49 infographics collected at random from http://www.good.is/infographics.